Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School seeks to create a nurturing environment grounded in the Catholic faith, which provides for the spiritual and academic development of each child.
By aspiring to these beliefs, we seek to inspire students to affect society through their lives and ideals.
- The school exists to teach and to engender the beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic faith.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children.
- A partnership exists between the home and the school.
- The development of each child’s spirit, mind, and body is fostered.
- A challenging and enriching academic environment is provided.
- Each child is unique and has the right to succeed.
- Students are involved in Christian service based on the respect and dignity for each person.
Parents are responsible for:
- Being a role model for your children in the practice of the Catholic faith.
- Promoting a positive atmosphere.
- Being knowledgeable of and adhering to school policies and procedures.
- Supporting the administration, and the teachers.
Students are responsible for:
- Being prepared for school at all times with assignments, supplies, and all signed parental communication.
- Behaving in a manner that does not interfere with another student’s right to learn, to play, to pray, and to feel safe.
- Respecting all children and adults, the property of others, and the property of the school and church.
- Following the directions of all school personnel.
- Being a good citizen. Show compassion, tolerance, selflessness, leadership, and community involvement.