Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School offers the Extended Care Program (ECP) afterschool services to the students of OLA. Students may attend the program on a regular basis, for occasional emergencies, or during a late carpool pick-up situation. Any student not picked up by the end of regular carpool will be checked into ECP.
After spending the day in the structured classroom environment, students at ECP have the opportunity to play freely and creatively within reasonable bounds. Children are given opportunities to enjoy active, sports‐related play as well as quiet activities, including supervised homework, reading, art, board games, construction, and social time.
The OLA ECP program strives to reinforce the basic Catholic values our families seek in their home, school, and church environments. The personal, individual care the staff members give the children helps to foster a sense of mutual respect, self-esteem, social responsibility, and safety.
The program offers children attention, support, care, and discipline in a loving, nurturing manner. Interaction of children of all ages (when appropriate) fosters a sense of community, encourages independent thinking, involves problem solving, and teaches compromise, team cooperation, and fair play.
- $6.00 per hour
- No specific days of the week must be designated as long as students attend the contracted number of days.
- Additional days of attendance will result in hourly charges added to the monthly contract fee.
One day per week per child (M/Tu/Th/ F) – $61.00/month
One day (Wednesday only) – $79.00/month
Two days per week per child – $122.00/month
Three days per week per child – $157.00/month (each additional child $126.00/month)
Four days per week per child – $210.00/month (each additional child $168.00/month)
Five days per week per child – $262.00/month (each additional child $210.00/month)
- There will be a $1.00 per minute late fee charged for each minute after 6:00 pm that a student is picked up from ECP.
- Tuition for the contracted students is collected through FACTS.
- Payments will be drawn on the 15th of each month for the previous month.
- ECP tuition is pro-rated for the months of August and December at 75% of the normal rate.
- Children are supervised on campus beginning at 7:15 each school day.
- There is no charge for before school care.
After School Care
- For students in Pre-K, ECP is available from 1:30 pm on Wednesdays and 2:45 pm other weekdays.
- The ECP program is available to students in kindergarten through eighth grade from 3:15 pm until 6:00 pm on all days when OLA is in session.
- On Wednesday, when the school closes early, ECP opens at 2:00 pm for students in grades kindergarten through eight.
ECP is not available on days when the school dismisses at noon or is closed for the day.
ECP will be closed during the Thanksgiving holidays, Christmas holidays, and Spring Break.
ECP is closed on any day that the school is closed for any reason, planned or unplanned. There will be no ECP program when OLA Catholic School is canceled. If the school closes early due to unforeseen circumstances, ECP will close as well. Families are expected to pick up their child(ren) as soon as possible from the school. There are no financial adjustment for unplanned closings.
The ECP schedule of openings may be changed at any time as determined by the program director, the OLA administration, or the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
All ECP-sponsored programs will be conducted in the activity building under the supervision of the ECP Director. Children attending these programs will be supervised until classes begin and will be given a light snack. Upon completion of the class, students will be supervised until picked up by the authorized person.
Children will be signed into ECP by ECP staff at the end of the scheduled activity period. No adjustments in contracted ECP fees will be made for time spent in ECP-sponsored or school-sponsored programs.
Children not picked up within ten minutes of the class ending will be signed into ECP and charged the Drop-In rate.