Sunday, January 28 – Saturday, February 3, 2018
National Catholic Schools Week (CSW) is an annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week 2018 is “Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.” National Catholic Schools Week 2018 takes place January 28 through February 3. Please see below the schedule of events at OLA Catholic School for CSW 2018.
- Archbishop’s Education Banquet
- Educators’ Mass at OLA Church at 9 am
- All-school Mass at OLA Church at 9 am; dress uniform required
- Out-of-uniform with $1 donation – fundraiser for Sam’s House
- Teacher lunch provided by Home and School Association
- Community Prayer led by KA with patriotic songs at 7:50 am
- Eighth grade students at Archdiocesan Eighth Grade Mass at the Cathedral of Christ the King
- Rosary service for grades PK through seven at 9 am with Prayer Families
- In appreciation of our students: dessert treat served to students at lunch
- School wide sock drive service project to benefit the homeless who are supported by the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
“Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.” encompasses the core products and values that can be found in Catholic schools across the country. Not only are we teaching students to become future servant leaders, faith-filled disciples and enriched citizens in our communities, we, as educators, are growing with them. In Catholic schools, we are all learners, servants and leaders. These shared qualities are what make Catholic schools work. They are what make Catholic schools succeed.
The official CSW logo brings the theme to life. The open book made up of multi-colored pages symbolizes how all areas of Catholic schools blend together, with faith — symbolized by the cross — at the forefront. Catholic schools are vibrant, dynamic and excellent.”