The Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School Advisory Council was established pursuant to the Archdiocesan Superintendent of Schools with the following purposes:
- To support effective administration, operation, and maintenance of the school
- To provide a means of communication
- To review and discuss programs in light of the administrative vision for the school
- To develop and strengthen the relationship between the school and its parish
- To develop and strengthen the financial functioning and viability of the school
- To assist the administration in the implementation of the policies of the Archdiocese of Atlanta
The Advisory Council is not a policy-making board and serves strictly as a support to the Principal and the Pastor. Members are appointees serving a three-year term.
The 2019-2020 members of the Council are:
Fr. James D. Duffy, S.M.
Diane Starkovich, Ph.D., Superintendent of Schools (ex-officio)